Jobs & Recruitment

The municipality maintains a Public Employment Service Office, a multi-employment service facility that serves as a venue where people could avail of various employment options and seek assistance in their job application. It also serves as a referral and information center for various services and programs of the Department of Labor and Employment and other government agencies. It also provides clients with adequate information on employment and labor market situation in the area. Likewise, it coordinates with other PESOs in the area for job exchange purposes.

The local government also conducts jobs fairs, local recruitment activities (for local employers) and special recruitment activities (for jobs overseas), to bring together in one venue job seekers and employers for immediate matching. PESO also conducts career guidance seminars on high school students.

PESO also acts as the implementing body of the Special Program for Employment of Students (SPES) during summer vacations. In this program, the municipality pays 60 percent of the wage of the student, while the remaining 40 percent is paid by the Department of Labor and Employment. Last summer of 2016, 60 students were deployed in different departments of the local government while 21 were assigned in the provincial capitol.

From January to September 2016, PESO helped 43 Barasenians secure a job in grocery stores, call centers and security agency. In June, 25 were employed in the provincial government as part of their internship program.


Career guidance for more than 400 students of Baras-Pinugay National High School.


In Baras National High School.