Philippine National Police
Republic Act 6975, the law that organized the Department of Interior and Local Government, is also the law that created the PNP. It is mandated, among others, to enforce laws that protect lives and properties; maintain peace and order; crime prevention and investigation, and to bring offenders to justice.
Baras PNP occupies a 500-square meter lot adjacent to the new municipal building. It has 55 police non-commissioned officers, two non-uniformed personnel and one police commissioned officer. The town has a police to population ratio of 1:582, based on 2010 census.
Police Chief Inspector Christopher A. Cabugwang is the current chief of police.
Awards and Recognitions of Baras PNP
• Best Police Station for March 2013, from Rizal Police Provincial Office, April 19, 2013
• Best Police Station (Municipal Police Category) from Rizal Police Provincial Office, June 30, 2014
• Best Municipal Police Station for 2013 (Class C Category), from Rizal Police Provincial Office, Aug. 8, 2014
• First Place – 1st Rizal PPO Photo Exhibit Contest from Rizal Police Provincial Office, Aug. 8, 2014
• Third Placer in Individual Category of 1st Rizal PPO Photo Exhibit Contest, from the Rizal Police Provincial Office, Aug. 8, 2014
• Commendation from Sangguniang Bayan ng Baras for foiling an attempted drug trade and confiscation of shabu from the suspects, Nov. 25, 2014
• Best Police Station (Class B/C Police) – from Rizal Provincial Police Office, Jan. 26, 2015
• Commendation from Sangguniang Bayan ng Baras, for remarkable accomplishments in crime prevention, Aug. 18, 2015
• Best Class C Municipal Police Station in Oplan Lambat Sibat for April – December 2015, from the Police Regional Office Calabarzon, Jan. 30, 2016
Special Action Force
The Special Action Force is one of the operational support units under the Philippine National Police. It functions as a mobile strike force or reaction unit to augment regional, provincial, municipal and city police forces for civil disturbance control, counterinsurgency, hostage-taking rescue operations, and other special operations. SAF was established under Republic Act 6975 signed by President Corazon Aquino in 1991.
In 2007, President Gloria Macapagal Arroyo issued Proclamation Number 1355 and allotted 368 hectares of land in Barangay Pinugay as headquarters and training Camp Site of SAF.
The headquarters of the 16th Infantry Battalion of the Philippine Army, under the 2nd Infantry Division, is located in Sitio Galaxy in Barangay Pinugay.